This week I want to share with you the top 10 software tools we use to ‘run’ the LFMC. They are our ‘heroes’ - let me explain why …
All these tools are affordable, easy to use and incredibly powerful. It’s hard to think that most of them didn’t exist five years ago. And the time they save us and the reach they enable us to achieve really are incredible.
There are some ‘obvious’ and well-known tools listed that I know you will have come across, but there’s also a few that you may not have looked at yet.
I’ve included a short summary for each and a link to help you find out more.
I can highly recommend each and every piece of software I have listed. Check them out…
1. Evernote: Evernote is a versatile note-taking app that helps me stay organised and capture ideas on the go. It allows you to create, organise, and sync notes across devices, making it easy to access important information anytime, anywhere. With features like note sharing, web clipping, and task management, Evernote is a simply a fabulous tool that helps me capture ideas, links to helpful resources and research and much more.
2. Canva: If you’re not using Canva, why not? Canva is a user-friendly design tool that empowers marketers to create stunning graphics, presentations, social media posts, and more, without the need for graphic design skills. It has an extensive library of templates, fonts, and images, plus brand controls to ensure you stay ‘on brand’ with all your creations. Canva makes it simple to create visually appealing marketing materials.
3. Zoho One: Zoho One is a comprehensive suite of business applications that cover various aspects of marketing, sales, and operations. It offers tools for CRM, project management, email marketing, social media management, surveys and more, all integrated into a single platform. Zoho One provides the LFMC with tools that help us to streamline processes.
4. Zoom: You all know Zoom and no doubt attended many a Zoom social back in the ‘Covid-days’. Zoom is a video conferencing and collaboration tool that enables you to host virtual meetings, webinars, and online events. With features like screen sharing, recording, and breakout rooms, Zoom facilitates seamless communication and collaboration among team members and clients.
5. MailerLite: We use MailerLite for email marketing and for contact management. It is an intuitive email marketing platform that helps marketers design, automate, and analyse email campaigns. With its drag-and-drop editor, pre-designed templates, and automation features, MailerLite simplifies the process of creating engaging email content. We link it to our website and Zoom using Zapier (see next), thus ensuring accurate data capture and data management (amongst other things).
6. Zapier: Zapier is an automation tool that connects different apps and allows you to automate workflows without the need for coding. It enables seamless integration between various software, automating repetitive tasks and improving efficiency. It absolutely helps you to streamline processes and save time. We use it to join up our website with our database and also Zoom.
7. LinkedIn: This probably needs no explanation, but just in case … LinkedIn is a professional networking platform that offers valuable marketing opportunities for businesses. Marketers can leverage LinkedIn to build brand awareness, engage with industry professionals, and share content to establish thought leadership. With its advertising options, targeted audience segmentation, and lead generation features, LinkedIn is an essential platform for B2B marketing.
8. Jasper.ai: A recent addition to our hero software tools is this particular ai tool that I use to support me with ideas and content creation. Jasper.ai is software designed to assist marketers in creating compelling content with ease. Powered by proprietary AI models, Jasper.ai generates creative and engaging content such as social media posts, blog articles, and more. It can browse the web for real-time data, making it an invaluable tool for staying on top of trends.
9. Vimeo: Vimeo is a video hosting platform that offers advanced features and customisation options for marketers. We use it to host all our webinar recordings. It allows you to upload, manage, and share videos, making it a valuable tool for hosting video content, webinars, and promotional materials. With its privacy settings, analytics, and branding options, Vimeo provides a professional video hosting solution.
10. Buzzsprout: Buzzsprout is a podcast hosting platform that provides marketers with the tools they need to launch, host, and distribute their podcasts. With features like analytics, transcription, and episode scheduling, Buzzsprout simplifies the podcasting process. It also offers podcast directories and embeddable players to expand the reach of podcasts.
I’ve finished with Buzzsprout because this is the software we use to host all our podcasts. Talking of which, if you want to know more about the why and how of podcasts – I’m hosting a webinar on this topic this Wednesday at 2pm. Do join me if you can.